Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 160

Thread: High School Football

  1. #71
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: High School Football

    what the hell does that have to do with anything? bottom line is burton would have beaten RC, who cares what the score would have been

  2. #72
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: High School Football

    [ QUOTE ]
    Graham, Tazewell, and Grundy have played in AA with A numbers for years, maybe you should take a lesson from them.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Well from what I have been hearing I would look for 1 of those 3 (Grundy) to Drop in the next cycle and I had heard in the past that once Richlands hits single A numbers (Not that far off now) you can look for all of Tazwell Co schools to drop

  3. #73
    Inactive Member beamer_ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    2,840
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: High School Football

    That's funny, because I remember many us actually supporting your efforts. Wow, and to think all this time I've been rooting you all on, and to think many of us actually did support you all getting a field house. I was in favor making TW a better shcool. Well, at least now that's a thing of the past..thanks to you of course.

    I bet you have no idea of what they would be facing if they continued to play in AA... You do NOT know.

  4. #74
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: High School Football

    I can remember a time when Lee was VERY competitive in Division 4. If my memory serves right they played for 2 state crowns in Division 4. They weren't up against anything more then than they are now.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  5. #75
    Inactive Member beamer_ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    2,840
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: High School Football

    So, next year, playing in the Southwest District and Abingdon being your closest district opponent is nothing "more"???

    Lee only played for one title.

  6. #76
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: High School Football

    I am going to stick up for Lee here.....When they went to AA Both GC and Va High were close district games and both Wise and PV looked to be growing into AA sized schools

  7. #77
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: High School Football

    The last time Lee was a threat in AA was 97 (A golden year in SWVA) when the lost to Heritage in the state semis.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  8. #78
    Inactive Member imported_PioneerBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2007
    Posts
    1,120
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: High School Football

    Who cares what your up against??? If you have AA numbers then play AA schools!! I don't care if you have to travel to Richmond for every game!! It's not fair to the smaller schools to have to play you!! You all say it has nothing to do with just playing smaller schools, but how many non district opponents do you play that are as big as you?? Volunteer and North, basketball only. You dropped Bell Co. cause they thumped you year after year and you won't play Claiborne or Union County. You talk about all this travel problems yet when the TW football coach called to play you guys you said no thanks, then you pick up Bluefield WV. What's the deal?? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
    Cheering for Twin Springs is like cheering for the Taliban

  9. #79
    Inactive Member beamer_ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    2,840
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: High School Football

    What sports?? You mention basketball, but do you want just football? Cawood is Lee's size. I'm not certain, but Middlesboro may not be far off, I know they're AA but don't the enrollment. As for Bell County, didn't know Lee dropped them, I just figured they did because of competition. However, I wouldn't say the 2001 game was one of those year after year thumpings. I don't think Middlesboro is much of a change from them though.

    As for as scheduling goes, I know nothing about that. All I know is Bluefield was a last minute replacement and that is the first I've heard of TW calling to play them, but they weren't the only one, as Graham would've played Lee too. Maybe the Gman or lee_fan can help with you that, I think lee_fan or someone explained that to the Gman before when he asked about it but I don't remember much about it really.


    [ QUOTE ]
    I don't care if you have to travel to Richmond for every game!!

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I'm sure the statement was partly sarcasm, I hope it was, but either way I'm sure if it were TW in the same situation you would be responding a little different.

    [ QUOTE ]
    It's not fair to the smaller schools to have to play you!!

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I never said it was or wasn't fair. Honestly, I don't necessarily like the fact they will be in Group A but at least something was done. I personally want to see 4 classes but that's just me. That would be the best course of action IMO. If the enrollment continues to climb and the VHSL doesn't decide to move toward something like 4A, or anyting else happens, then I would make a push to have Lee split into two schools.

  10. #80
    Inactive Member imported_PioneerBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2007
    Posts
    1,120
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: High School Football

    Well Cawood has in the 600s enrollment size and are known for basketball and nothing else. Middlesboro is only about 500 kids and are nowhere near Bell Co in bball or football. I was thinking the last time you guys played BC in football it was something like 49-14 and that was the year you beat PV.
    Cheering for Twin Springs is like cheering for the Taliban

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •